NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD with Astroart

Am I right then in thinking it is possible to run two CCD's on Astroart using one for imagining and the other for guiding without using PHD.

By directly connecting from the Guide Port on the mount to a USB on the PC.

I use my CCD's for imagining what nice images I could take if we had good weather..... But seriously, you can use Astroart with two cameras - one for guiding and one for imaging.  Astroart also has very good guiding software.

Chris

Hmmm,

PHD doesn't talk directly to other programs...it's a stand alone application for guiding.

What are you trying to achieve?

(The guiding capabilities of AstroArt is as good as PHD.)

PHD talks to APT (Or should when not playing up). I think it talks to EQMOD too for guiding?

No, not it's own guiding system, but the equivalent "software" to PHD built into the "package"

I use a Lodestar guide camera directly connected to the mount via the ST-4 cable.

The camera can be selected as the "guide" camera under AA5; the FOV then shows all the field stars available, you select one and after some calibration, it "locks on" and guiding is then "automatic"

Download a demo version and try it out with your set-up. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

http://www.msb-astroart.com/

Hope this helps.

Hmmm,

PHD doesn't talk directly to other programs...it's a stand alone application for guiding.

What are you trying to achieve?

(The guiding capabilities of AstroArt is as good as PHD.)

PHD can interface with Nebulosity - PHD has a server mode, which allows Nebulosity to issue dither requests and also to pause guiding whilst an image download is occurring.  It works quite nicely (if you remember to switch it on which I often don't :rolleyes: ).

But as you've said if the OP has AA, then PHD is going to be surplus to requirements.

Archived