NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars again and thanks

Had some time today to play with the mars data from last week.

An improvement I think on my last attempt. Still a long way to go yet but making progress and having a lot of fun to boot. Big thanks to Stephen (ArmyAirForce) for his excellent processing primer and great advice and to all those who commented on my previous post. 

Thanks Guys!

post-32804-0-61336500-1397957595.png

post-32804-0-55770000-1397957605.png

Thanks guys, sorry been really busy over the weekend.

Lensman, yea im pretty chuffed to get any detail out at all. I think the most interesting thing is that before mars got high enough i was imaging Jupiter. I wasnt impressed with the quality of the captures. Couldnt get any fine details at all. Earlier in the year i got some good jupiter captures, picking up some nice detail so I know the seeing has been better. Which raises the question, how much more can i get out of mars...  i think the PL can deliver more.

Toxic, Is there no position you can get between the houses? Wood fires sound bad :( Heathrow was chucking low planes at me every 30s and i swear the exhaust was messing with the image... but i can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have to put up with real fires on top of all the other seeing problems :(

Clear skies
Mark

Hi Alex,

Yea sure, here it is: 

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/213065-mars-in-colour-finally/page-2

2 min exposures on each channel really makes a big difference. Next time im going to drop the L and  do RGB and try 2min 40 per channel.

also this link gives the theory (and nicely worked out tables) for imaging time vs rotation  / angular size http://www.stargazing.net/david/mars/marsrotation.html

Really excited about the possibilities, cos i know the seeing wasnt great... 

All the best and let us know how you get on.

Mark

Archived