NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 power question

nitram100

Hi guys, 

How do you power your NEQ6 when you are out in the field with no mains available? 

The power tank that the previous owner gave me only lasts about 20 minutes.

Are the Celestron power tanks any good? Was looking at this one http://www.firstlightoptics.com/power/skywatcher-powertank-17ah.html

It is only for visual observing. 

Cheers

Agreed - a decent leisure battery is the best option.  Beware the powertanks - they are seriously overpriced!!  Don't forget to factor in the price of a decent charger/conditioner.  This set-up will last you years if you look after it.

I have a 110ah deep cycle battery.

After about 10 hours running the mount, it shows no drop in voltage.

I have a 7ah gel cell as backup and I think I used that more than an hour so far with no drop when I powered up in the back yard instead of the Obsy

Power packs are for the birds.

lots of plastic - a little lamp that has serious drawbacks as it is a filament lamp and one good thing - a voltmeter - which you should have checked before you went outside.

I'd suggest you ring the previous owner and blow a rasberry in his ear! It should have lasted at least an evening

Archived