Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 13/04 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Very nice early on tonight and managed a couple of runs early on as dusk fell.    The second is perhaps a little better, though both shots not bad considering Jupiter is well in to its recession now.   Both taken at F18ish with the SW Exp 200P and QHY5L-IIM.   50% of 80s capture per channel, 1.5x drizzle in AS!2 and 50% upscale in Gimp before WJ derotation.

1932hrs and 2007hrs:

post-26731-0-21872900-1397430223_thumb.p   post-26731-0-77729300-1397430242_thumb.p

Off and on to Mars now, with hopes of doing the triple if the clouds/haze hold off.   I've had a Rubbish weekend and need a more pleasent distraction more than the sleep :)

As you are at Bembridge ad on the East coast of the IOW do you find the sea air more stable?

How about the LP to the north from Pompey?

Not too bad, there is a slight glow to the north and north west, though this is pretty much shielded by my house and only an issue if the sky is hazy.   Bembridge is usually pretty dark as most of the residents are retired and turn their lights out early :)    The sea air might make a difference, though we are a little more exposed to the prevailing winds.

very nice

looks like your conditions are a lot better than mine tonight

not managing to get much detail out of Jupiter but there is some cloud about and high wind which isn't helping

good luck with Mars

Definitely got some of that wind down here, though no cloud so far and nice transparancy.   Just out for a second run at Mars while I wait for Saturn to clear the trees.   Hope your conditions clear as the night progresses.

Thanks Astrovani, we have been lucky with Jupiter this season - though had a terrible run of weather through the best of the opposition. Mars and Saturn are now both in season, but difficult targets at 51N.

Just read a stunning obs report from one of your compatriots in Brazil and would give my hind teeth for a couple of weeks South of the equator!

Hope you get some good conditions for mars and saturn :)

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Archived