Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar Observation 20140412

Umbraldot

At last, half an hour of sun to grab an observation.  AR2027 just hanging on right on the NW limb, otherwise all the action is in the east.  AR2032, 2033 and 2034 strung out across the NE quadrant and AR2035 well over the SE limb and looks as if it has more minor spots within the group which will be come clearer as it rotates.

In H-alpha, there was a nice medium sized hedgerow prominence to the south of AR2035 on the SE limb and a couple of small mounds on the SW limb.  Seven filaments were counted but all quite faint.  The strongest being north of AR2034.  Some plage present but nothing really interesting going on.

Yup, that's what I saw, just much better put...

Just packed away. Had the HW running side by side with the LS60 so managed a bit more time in white light for a change today.

Pretty hazy here and then clouded over.

Nice, relaxing snooze though whilst sitting out in the hope of a gap...

Time for a cuppa...

The suns just come out here also, maybe we get the clear night we were promised :smiley:

Nice report,.

Some great surface detail to be seen and 2 lovely oak trees about the 2 O'clock position again, I guess these are the same as the action from yesterday.

I love the way they form, very reminiscent of the dendrites sketches we used to have to attempt from my early metal working days :laugh:

% lovely sunspots too.

Archived