NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Southern Cross

Yes it is nice, and so are the two pointer stars.

Couldn't work out why the Orion Sword was on top of Orion's Belt tho as it's the other way round in the UK?

Or it could of been the Hardys Red Wine playing havoc with my eyes!

It was the wine. The handle of the Pot is always where it should be. :grin:

Was a strange sight, for me too, took me a couple of moments to figure out what I was looking at first. Sadly, when I was in Sydney they were the only two I could identify, southen cross and Orion.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Was a strange sight, for me too, took me a couple of moments to figure out what I was looking at first. Sadly, when I was in Sydney they were the only two I could identify, southen cross and Orion.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well, they are two of the best in the night sky, so it's not ALL bad :)

I must say I found it strange it was upside down but it still had great m42 views.

I seen the lunar eclipse last night viewed from a dark sky on the Great Ocean Road. It was a marveless view but not as red I was hoping for.

I'm going to Melbourne Observraty on Thursday night so hope it's a clear one!

When I first came, as a preteen, to the USA from Melbourne, it took me a few minutes to figure out why the stars were all in the wrong place. I had just developed a taste/need/want/interest in astronomy. 

I know that Alpha Centauri / Rigil Kent, rises 2 degrees above the horizon here, where I live. I should try to photograph it.

Archived