Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon Halo Tonight

M4lcs67

Well I stepped outside tonight to go and lock our garden gate. I looked up at the moon to be welcomed by an amazing halo. I have never witnessed one before and I gather it is rare (all the various things need to be present in order to see one). It was very impressive. I tried to take a picture, but my camera wouldn't take the whole thing in, so I just looked and soaked it all up instead.

Well pleased.

I saw a partial one a couple of nights ago and even then it was very faint, but I've not seen a full one for ages.  Sadly it's a "neither one thing nor the other" evening here at the moment -- just enough high cloud to be useless for observing.

James

Likewise, very clear view of the full halo last night - impressive sight.

Initially thought this might ruin my plans but given the strong moonlight anyway I thought I'd stick to our solar system and sure enough some stunning views of Mars, Jupiter & the GRS, not to mention the moon of course!

Archived