NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium driver issue

WaveSoarer

My work laptop needed to get moved from XP to Win 7 32 bit. I've tried installing Stellarium but it comes up with a driver issue "Your platform does not support minimal required OpenGL 1.2. Please upgrade drivers for graphics card". Stellarium worked on this laptop before so I know that there isn't an issue with the hardware. The IT guys also say that it has the latest graphics drivers installed. Anyway, has anyone seen this message before and where is the best hassel-free site to download this from. I triied an older version of Stellarium but I just got the same message.

The laptop is a Sony Vaio, which the IT guys don't like. It has 32bit Win 7 installed.

Thanks in advance

Dave

What GPU is it ? I expect they installed the win 7 included drivers from windows update perhaps ?

Install the manufacturer supplied ones for the chipset and it should work I suspect. If it is onboard graphics I suspect  download from the site, I assume Sony Vaio should have a driver support downloads section. This is not an uncommon problem with the more generic commonly supplied windows drivers.

Archived