Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M63 first attempt with QHY8L

Hello to all. After many weeks, I have tried my new OSC CCD in the sky, trying to take some subframes in M63. I have used my Meade ACF 10" with AP telecompressor, and during a night some thin clouds have disturbed the imaging night, so the subframes are resulted not clear, at all. After the stacking, I was disappointed about the high level of noise in the image, but maybe I'm still a newbie, in the use of that CCD, and I have to learn more tricks.. :smiley: . The image was taken with Ezcap and guided with PHD, the processing was done with Astroart 5.0 and Pixinsight. The Galaxy is very noisy, but I have tried to "squeeze" out some details. I am quite happy for this result, except for the noise, but I hope to improve my future attempt..

Thanks to all .. :smiley:

http://astrob.in/87568/0/

Thanks a lot to all :smiley: ; Harry's tutorials are very useful, and I have seen (and I'm learning) the "basic" settings. The subframes are about 20 x 10 minutes each, with Idas LPS D1 filter, taken under a suburban sky, bad transparency. In the whole image there is a big stripe, that I haven't ever seen before, but is my first imaging night with the QHY8L, (I have checked the box "Ignore overscan area" in Ezcap) and someone told me that it is wrong..

I have attached the stacking only with the stripe....

post-31003-0-88908300-1396868666_thumb.j

Archived