Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just a thank you to the mods :)

NickK

I just want to add my thanks to those of Nick and I would presume many more. Granted the person who was in charge of ordering the weather dropped the ball there but otherwise it was a great event with a reasonable amount of drinking, chances to meet old friends, make new friends and generally have a good time. Actually it was even more sociable this year as we were unhindered by having to do any astronomy. A lovely break from work and I can't wait for next year. thanks again to all the organisers you did a great job. 

I second the thanks to everyone for making it another great weekend.  My suspicion that SGL is a drinking club with an astronomy problem has been confirmed :grin:

We're just big enough to say we see stars ;) Some members even see doubles..

Just to add my tuppence, well done daz, and all involved.. Shame the weather stopped most viewing of the skies and other peoples equipment, but made some new friends and faces to names.. Again thanks..

Mike

Just got back (Monday), having sensibly packed kit away early Sunday evening before the rain set in again. Apart from polar aligning on Friday night I hardly saw any stars over 5 nights, but saw the bottom of a lot of glasses. Good to meet up with acquaintances old and new, so many thanks to Daz and the rest of the team for another enjoyable star party.

Allan

Yes, thanks to folks for organising, it was fun. Shame about the clouds, though I had some lovely views of Jupiter (best so far, I think), and I got 1 new Messier! All in all, a good time, good conversation.

Archived