Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light for my new 15x70s

Not great conditions last night but I got out into the garden with my new Celestron Skymasters to see what all the fuss is about.

Wow. Jupiter's moons, Mars, lovely crescent moon, Pleiades, all looking way more impressive than I'd have thought possible through a pair of bins. Typical beginner stuff really, but what a thrill seeing a planet for the first time!

To be fair to my missus who wasn't feeling particularly well, I cut the session down to what felt like 10 mins. Turns out I'd been out for almost an hour... Probably a sign of things to come!

I've got the same binoculars but they have been sat on the bookshelf unused for several weeks since I bought them. I just haven't been able to get out with them due to a combination of holidays, bad weather and all this smog! Glad you managed to get some good views and congrats on your first planet!

Don't forget to go and have a look at Mars while it's still close to us. You won't see any detail but you will definitely be able to tell it's a planet and that will bring your planet count up to 2!

Nice report, and I hope your wife is feeling better soon, as the saying go's

time fly's when your enjoying yourself, and it does, if you download the monthly

newsletter at http://binocularsky.com/ it gives you lot's of targets to observe, 

and helps to learn more of the night sky, glad you enjoyed your first light 

with the new bins.

This is a great topic for me, as I'm about to buy a pair of astronomy binoculars myself "Zhumell 25x100" . My friend owns a pair, and they are amazing for the price. I know binoculars can be extremely expensive, some of which are just jaw dropping. I'll be getting mine soon, and I'm stoked. After I've used them, I'll check back in and give my synopsis.

Take care & clear skies.   

I got the Celestron 15x70 too just before xmas they're great to grab and go for a quick session, but even better since I bought a manfroto monopod for them as they're quite heavy - helps to keep them steadier too.

Mind you since I got my dob I haven't used them!

Archived