Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another first light with a Lunt....

Byz1453

Managed a quick hour this morning getting to grips with my new Lunt LS60PTDS

Absolutely stunning, what a lovely experience!

Took a bit of getting used to the alignment and tuning, I don't think I am anywhere near getting the max out of it yet but I am looking forward to trying...

Played around with various EPs in it and found the 8mm Delos the best today. Also had a crack with the Leica ASPH and found it very pleasurable. It was a bit cloudy here earlier but most of it has passed, just some light haze still around.

Saw some beautiful Active Regions and filaments that really popped into life when I got the tuning right. It is true what they say, just relax you eyes and let it come to you.

Wonderful prominence that was on the eastern limb, looked like a double and the there was a fainter prom to the north.

Single stacked was lovely and I was a bit nervous about the DS but when I tried it it really added to the 3D effect on the filaments and added great contrast. Not as much darkening a I thought.

Glorious... Really blown away.

Hope this weather holds. Then I just need to perfect my viewing position...

Anyway, back to work....

Kieran

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Michael, basically it's all your fault - you and all your Solar lunches.... ;-)

That and the rest of you - you know who you are - Steve, Robin, Luke, Alexandra, Shaun, Merlin, Alcart, Rilkaunium, etc, etc, etc....;-))))

Really happy with it, managed to get back out late afternoon and sneak in a quick look before the sun disappeared behind my neighbour's house

Got to compare the Herschel wedge in my FLT 98. Again wonderful but not really long enough to compare in too much detail.

To move between the two is a what I was really hoping for and at first glance it is living up to my expectations.

Here's to a glorious summer....

Congrats on the new scope. Got mine a few days ago and you are right, just relax, watch and more things pop into view. I think the pressure tuner will take some experimenting with but it really does add to the enjoyment, another twiddly thing to play with can't be a bad thing.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your first session with the scope and had some nice features to look at. Its a great way to relax in your work breaks. Your work mates will be sitting with you soon to find out what all the excitement is about.

I really love the double stack and I am glad I made the decision.

As for twiddling the pressure tuner and the the tilt on the DS, that will take a bit of getting used to.

Desperately resisting the urge to buy a camera, I promised myself at least six months of visual before going down that route but Luke isn't helping with his images from SGL9...

Yes you can. Just contact FLO or Ian King imaging and ask for a LS60f. They can get you one.

Or the cheaper  LS50FHA which for visual is more than sufficient......... :smiley:

Archived