Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ha Sun at Kelling Heath (Sat 29 March 2014)

sharkmelley

The sun taken on Saturday afternoon at Kelling Heath.

Taken through a Lunt LS60T Ha B1200 with DMK 31AU03.AS.  A mosaic of 7 panels to get around the issue with a "sweet spot".  Each panel was 1500 frames at 1/30sec.  Stacked in AutoStakkert and post processed in Registax.  Photoshop used to assemble the mosaic.

Mark

post-19658-0-43243100-1396477170_thumb.j

The approach I used in PS was very manual.  The "sweet spot" related gradients on the solar disc needed to be evened out and then for each part of the disc, where overlaps took place, I chose the panel giving the sharpest result.  You can also see I had some trouble attaching the chromosphere.

Unfortunately, posting the image on this forum has also compressed it much further and blurred some of the detail.

Mark

Yep, go home every night and look at my Lunt sitting in the corner of the study, thinking 'wonder when it will next see daylight'.

As it turn out, it was this morning, but there was too much cloud coming across to get any images, didn't stop me giving it a try though.  Sadly, not enough spare time at work today to give it a better go when the cloud thinned.

Robin

Archived