NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there anywhere near Lucksall suitable for a run?

KevUU

Regulars and locals:

Is there anywhere nearby I can go for a run? Ideally not too hilly or muddy...

I tried going out from the corner of Hare last year but grew an inch with every stride through the clayey claggy mud, plus several stiles and actually you can't go very far that way anyway.

I don't really fancy running along that road!

I'd prefer to go straight from the site, but I think I'll need to drive - any thoughts?

Kev

PS: No, I'm not a fitness nutter! I need to keep some regular proper exercise up to manage a background condition, and since I'm going to be there for 5 days this year (packing now, wahoo!) I should make a proper effort *sigh*

I don't think the road is not safe enough for running at Lucksall. The easiest place would be to get in the car and go to King George V playing fields in Hereford, its on the other side of the river from Hereford rowing club (I have rowed there many times).

I will be running - on the road - so if you need a co-pilot, I'm happy to do this.

FYI - Road running just needs a little more observation  - run against the traffic and wear hi-viz.. we can easily find a back road or tow (when I last went to SGL in 2010 I ran loads around the area). No XC for me unless we find a nice woods... 

PM me with your details and I will be in touch (I arrive thursday).

Cheers

Hi Steve,

The woods near the site, while hilly give access to flatter terrain behind them.

If the ground is dry they would be suitable. If the ground is wet, forget it!

The path comes out near the Moon Inn in Mordiford.

In 2012 there were young cows in a field near the pub which were in a threatening mode.

There is a path back to the site near the river from the pub.

If the paths are muddy, you could run from Hereford back to the site along the road, after getting a lift to Hereford.

Cheers

Adrian

I will be running - on the road - so if you need a co-pilot, I'm happy to do this.

Thanks, but I don't find I can relax enough unless the roads are quiet... I don't have the OS map for the area (too late now, damnit, unless the shop has them) so not sure where the back roads are! I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Have never run with anyone else, and I don't suppose my slow pace would suit most either! Nor my inclination to disappear inside my head while I'm running - I don't think I'd be a good social runner ;)

I'm looking for about 3 miles, and will be about 30 mins running it.

Right, back to the packing :)

Archived