Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Daily sunspot count?

JB80

Does anyone know where I can find any records on the number of sunspots that can be seen for each day?

I have had a quick search but not found exactly what I'm after.

For instance today there are 8 visible AR's (just visible) but what and when has been the peak so far of this Solar Cycle?

Another place to keep an eye on sunspot numbers (and other stuff) is Spaceweather

http://www.spaceweather.com/

part way down the left margin just below the pic of the sun with its active regions,

handy for a quick look-see.

(with a link to a write-up on how the number is derived and how it compares with other values)

A place that used to be good for sunspot numbers and even a human originated daily sketch of the sun and its spots was the Big Bear observatory, http://www.bbso.njit.edu/

but either that is long gone or  I have not found my way through their site changes :(

Cut and paste works fine , your first link throws up a 404 page not found , methinks it's because the Space Weather Prediction Centre is up on it's own site now , the NOAA link was to an evaluation page much like the Ovation Aurora page. 

Cut and paste works fine , your first link throws up a 404 page not found , methinks it's because the Space Weather Prediction Centre is up on it's own site now , the NOAA link was to an evaluation page much like the Ovation Aurora page. 

Cheers.  Still can't get links to paste, must be the newbie jinx.  It'll all come right in the end!

Archived