Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small Astronomy Type Tables

As the title says, can anyone recommend a suitable plastic/metal table to use for putting things on when out with the scope?

I have been looking for something for ages where I can set it up next to the scope and use it for putting eyepieces/accessories on. At the moment I am scrabbling around in my boxes on the ground, so having a decent table where I could lay things out would be great. Also somewhere I can put my glasses down, so I don't break them.

Ideally it needs to be smallish for storage, but also rigid and strong enough, also not too light that it gets blown over by a gust of wind. Also a raised edge all the way around to stop things from rolling off. I know my list of requirements is large and indeed I am not sure that such a table exists, but if anyone knows of such a table I would be eternally grateful. :smiley:

Thanks for all your tips, guys. I knew you would come up trumps. Rowan. That table looks to be just the ticket. Compact, but lightweight and full adjustable with a lip around the edge. Not too expensive either. I think that is going to be the one. I will be still keeping my eyepieces in their case as well, but i'll leave the open case on the tabletop.

Thanks for all your tips, guys. I knew you would come up trumps. Rowan. That table looks to be just the ticket. Compact, but lightweight and full adjustable with a lip around the edge. Not too expensive either. I think that is going to be the one. I will be still keeping my eyepieces in their case as well, but i'll leave the open case on the tabletop.

You will find it helps to keep the dew at bay to keep the case closed when not swapping eyepieces around. 

Archived