NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

"Double stars for small telescopes"

cotterless45

Just a heads up for anyone searching for the remarkable " Double stars for small telescopes" by Sissy Haas. Searching showed up the usual silly prices, until I came across the source, Sky and Telescope

http://www.shopatsky.com/product/Double-Stars-For-Small-Telescopes/books

This is a very worthwhile buy. there are some 2100 entries with practical and historic observations. Ideal targets if you suffer from light pollution or lack of fuzzy targets. Usually the brightest star in a sparse field will be the target on the lists, happy hunting,

Nick.

I'm really after a copy of the Cambridge double star atlas. I was going to buy it just before Christmas before eyepiece fever took over me ! However, amazon uk marketplace are now trying to sell it for over £400 !!! Is there plans for a repress anybody ?

Regards

Chris

For the Cambridge Double Star Atlas the best I can suggest is wait until June and visit the IAS. Cambridge U.P. tend to have a display at most of the shows, and they did have one there last year.

Thanks Nick good job I didn't throw that Telementor away....now where did I put it?

Check on your dob, maybe it's attached as a finder? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived