Newbie from the UK

Karl X

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all.

I have just managed to pick up a used Heritage 130p for £95.

It should be with me in the next few days. Which won't be soon enough :)

Did you get any extra eyepieces or barlow? Very good price anyways.

When I use it on planets (jupiter, saturn, mars) I usually end up in the area 120-150x magnification

Moon :  180x (my maximum)

Did you get any extra eyepieces or barlow? Very good price anyways.

When I use it on planets (jupiter, saturn, mars) I usually end up in the area 120-150x magnification

Moon :  180x (my maximum)

Hi,

No extra's unfortunately. so will add those in the next week or so. maybe a 4mm and a 2x barlow. I expect it may need to collimate it too, so that will be something else to add.

Yes, its a good idea to check the 10mm and 25mm, and wait a bit before you invest in new ones. 

Maybe a decent 9-10mm (in case you dont like the supplied 10mm?)+ barlow would be a better choice than a 4mm? 

I`m no expert here at all, so just ask the brilliant minds in the eyepiece section.

All I use is my zoom + barlow, and I know 180x on the moon works,  but  anything that gives you 120-140x it will be great for both lunar and planets, and maybe a safer purchase?

Rune

Karl,

I am a complete beginner and bought myself a Heritage 130p a couple of months ago. Stock 10MM and 25MM eyepieces, but I did buy a 2x Barlow as well. I have had some great views of not only the moon but also Jupiter. It seems a great little scope, easy to use and very quick to set up.

One tip. When I first tried to use the 10mm with the Barlow I could not get the scope to focus at all. In the end I tried moving the secondary mirror closer to the primary by a cm or two (just don't extend the tube all the way when you set the scope up and) and that seemed to work.

Archived