NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera Timer

Alien 13

I have never been keen on conecting my camera to a PC when imaging but i do need something better than the inbuilt 10 shot routine.

What i need is something that will do the following sequence.

Mirror lock up

Wait 4 seconds

Shoot at predetermined exposure

Wait 40 seconds (sensor cooldown)

Start next cycle.

Like I said i am not keen on using a laptop or mobile etc and although i could design and build a unit for this purpose it would prefer something off the shelf.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance Alan

Have you looked at an intervalometer ? You dont say what Camera you have But if its a DSLR thes things are made for most models , Look at this for an example ,,hope this helps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Time-lapse-intervalometer-remote-timer-shutter-for-Canon-DSLR-500D-450D-Camera-/321239845011?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item4acb630893#ht_2425wt_1319

Have you looked at an intervalometer ? You dont say what Camera you have But if its a DSLR thes things are made for most models , Look at this for an example ,,hope this helps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Time-lapse-intervalometer-remote-timer-shutter-for-Canon-DSLR-500D-450D-Camera-/321239845011?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item4acb630893#ht_2425wt_1319

Thanks I have looked at those but i am not sure if they can do the mirror lockup and wait which requires an extra pulse.

Alan

The trick for using mirror lockup is to use the self timer on the camera in combo with the timer remote and add the self timer delay time to the exposure time on the timer remote...

Peter..

Badly typed on my Galaxay S4 in Tapatalk4

Great idea i never thought of that i know mirror lockup might not seem important for some but the shake is certainly detectable with a fast lens thanks.

Alan

Archived