Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ive got it ordered...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very similar to mine and Steves scope. Very nice! :lol:

Now who can spot the deliberate mistake in the product description?

254mm...???

Precisely 10". Usually referred to as a 250mm scope, anyway. An 8" scope is 203mm if measured in inches, but if it's made in a metric jurisdiction, it's 200mm, etc.

OK, the magnification would be 48 or 120, not 43, depending on which ep you used. That's in the part that was written by the technical geek, too. He must know [removed word]-all about scopes, too.

Hey, your forum software censors out "[removed word]?" Must be American software. They don't like [removed word] Cheney in the software community, I guess.

Quit it with the "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." eh? I get that every time I go to post.

Arg! Not again!

And again! Geez, get a chat room, you guys. :lol:

Andagain! Somebody come up for air! :lol:

Excuse my ignorance yet again, but why is it a mistake...?

Well, for two reasons. One I didn't spot at first. The headline says it's an f/1200 scope, but it is a scope with an f.l. of 1200mm. The specs say it is an f/5.91 scope, which it would be if it were a 203mm scope, but it is approximately an f/4.8 scope. That is, 1200/250 = 4.8.

Oh, good!

Oh, this is cool! I've got the new posts at the top, and I can see [removed word] again! :lol: I had a priest named [removed word] once, his wife was named Jane. What would that censor software do with someone named [removed word] Johnson? Suppose I write a heartwarming story about my insane Springer Spaniel bitch, eh? What then?

How big do things appear?

An image with X100 magnification is the same size in a 10" scope as a 2" scope, the image is magnified 100 times.

The diffence is a larger scope can take more manification than a small one and also will show more detail on most objects for a given magnification.

Archived