Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Early Morning Sunshine

Pig

Lots of activity this morning

Some huge prominences shooting out from everywhere, especially on the western side of the disc.

There is also a very tall fountain of plasma positioned at about 7 O'clock

Lots of lovely surface detail too, it looks like we may be in for another cracker of a day :laugh:

I thought I was doing really well today. An early morning record. Had a bit of a late night, up at 9.30am and then I see some of you guys already up and awake and in action mode :smiley: I'll down another coffee, wipe the sleep from my eyes and will give the Sun an early morning peek and sketch.

I have 2 rabbits and they patiently sit next to me while I am looking through the sun, occasionally nudging my legs, I wonder if they want a peek :smiley:

I bet they would be great at Star hopping............. :rolleyes:

Some great details on the Sun this morning though the view is a bit choppy, I'm hoping it will steady so I can try some high-ish res white light on the big spot :)

It has got a bit choppy Luke, it was a lovely perfect circle at 7:45 :laugh:

Great stuff this morning. It's still relatively early here and the Sun is already burning bright and hot. It's going to be a gorgeous day. I'm heading out on the bike for the day but later on this evening, I'll stick up the solar sketches I've made this week. In white light there's been a decent amount of activity this week and AR 2005 seems to have grown a tad :grin:

Great stuff this morning. It's still relatively early here and the Sun is already burning bright and hot. It's going to be a gorgeous day. I'm heading out on the bike for the day but later on this evening, I'll stick up the solar sketches I've made this week. In white light there's been a decent amount of activity this week and AR 2005 seems to have grown a tad :grin:

You must have  fantastic views of the Sun, so jealous............ :Envy:  

Unfortunately we will have to wait for the high midsummer Sun, for the views you are getting...... :sad:

I hope this fine weather continues into tomorrow, I have 2 SLV's eyepieces coming one of them is the 9mm and I am hoping ( not hopping :grin: ) it is just right for the Lunt. (1.32 degrees)

How many degrees is the sun across (is it the same as a full moon IE 0.5 ) I guess it must be for a solar eclipse to work :shocked:

Yong I saw the smaller ones today, mind you I was switching between the Herschel wedge on my Pronto and the HA Lunt, the sunspots are a very different animal and show remarkable detail when viewed through the wedge :smiley:

Hiya Gerry,

Yes there is some granulation but it appears much like a water mark does on paper :smiley: The longer you look at the surface more granulation appears.

The sunspots are excellent and you can really get inside them. I love using the 3 - 6 Nagler zoom to view them.

Archived