Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Dallas, Texas

wrather1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and welcome to SGL. There's even a few of us who are just sticking a digital camera (non dSLR) on a tripod and pointing it up.

Actually, there are more than a few who do that! Seems like an excellent way to get those spectacular widefield views.

Cheers,

DW

hi dave, nice to see you on board.

Thanks to all the Mods and other esteemed Members for all the welcomes and well-wishes! Nice group here.

Still waiting for that :sunny: clear weather so I can try some imaging again!

Cheers,

Dave W.

Howdy, Dave! Or, as they say around here, "How's it goin' eh?" :wink:

You'll have fun here. Welcome aboard!

Thanks - I do remember that expression from my Canadian colleagues when I once lived in Michigan. Interesting how we all speak essentially the same language in USA, Canada, UK and Australia, but in slightly different ways - what makes the world go 'round, eh?

Cheers,

DW

Welcome along to SGL Dave.

You have some serious equipment there, and you are tooled up for some great imaging.

Looking forward to your DSLR pics.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :wink:

Thanks Ron!

Now, if I could just get the hang of using it right I'd be all set - that plus some nice weather! Last good sky here I took 71 images, all RUBBISH due to focuser issues - gotta work that one out with the Stiletto. I must be using it wrong. Worked real well on the RCX but not so hot on the TMB.

Cheers,

Dave W. in Dallas

Hi Dave and welcome to SGL from another DSLR user......

Although im really just starting out in the world of astrophotography. And should be on the right road now ive upgraded my scope to the skywatcher explorer 250px.....

Anyways, look forward to seeing some of your images......

Enjoy

Mark

Howdy, Dave! Or, as they say around here, "How's it goin' eh?" :wink:

You'll have fun here. Welcome aboard!

Thanks - I do remember that expression from my Canadian colleagues when I once lived in Michigan. Interesting how we all speak essentially the same language in USA, Canada, UK and Australia, but in slightly different ways - what makes the world go 'round, eh?

Cheers,

DW

and New Zealand :)

Welcome aboard Dave Wilson from Dave Wilson in Lincoln UK. Believe it or not, I'm a muso too, and I've just started using a DSLR for astrophotography. Is this what they call synchronicity?

Must be! There's a bunch of us astro-lads over here that are musicians of various sorts, including guitarists, bassists, violinists, etc.

DW

Archived