Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M97

bish

Hi all,

I sketch all the time but never get round to posting them. As I've now started to scan them I thought I might post a few. This is M97 with a 250px from fairly dark site. Just noticed I've scanned some dog hairs too!

post-4165-0-77176400-1394914927_thumb.jp

The dog hairs look like comets....possibly comet 2014bish?? :)

Thanks for posting your M97, have you got any others handy to show us?

Haha. Yes you could be right - comet 2014bish sounds good to me! I've started scanning, this is the first one that I've inverted the image. I'll post some more on over the next couple of days

A couple bits of info on the sketch would help viewers aswell, you dont have to go mad adding loads of details but by simply adding the magnification used and TFoV will help show the size and scale of the object. Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks Mike and Pat. Yes, the sketch was actually made back in November 2011. My notes say x109 - so must have been the 11mm Nagler. Just looked back and I was using an LPR filter too. My notes say I couldn't see anything that resembles the 'eyes' of the owl.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived