Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEQ6 v's HEQ5

johnrt

@catman

thanks, i have read your post. Here in Germany I have found an onlineshop which sells exactly your solution.

For now I will live with the standard cable. But do you know, if it is a cable issue or is it a problem witch the socket ? My eq6 powers down, even when the mount is not moving.

:(. Maybe the solder joint of the power socket is defect ?!?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@catman

thanks, i have read your post. Here in Germany I have found an onlineshop which sells exactly your solution.

For now I will live with the standard cable. But do you know, if it is a cable issue or is it a problem witch the socket ? My eq6 powers down, even when the mount is not moving.

:(. Maybe the solder joint of the power socket is defect ?!?

Sounds likely it's the socket to me. Follow the guide to the point where you remove the face plate and check the solder points for the socket. Whilst you're there drill a 16mm hole and install a locking chassis socket too :)

Seriously though I recommend doing he power socket mod. I am terrible with DIY and I manage it and now I never worry about the power cable or loss of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my NEQ6pro and my friend up the road got a HEQ5 - both are excellent machines with good specs - though the 5 is a bit dainty inthe tripod department.

We've both got permanent piers so it makes sense to get a decent mount. My friend hasn't got an obsy though so has to remove it every night!

I'm still setting up and getting a polar alignment (SCP is a beast to capture) but guiding allows for minor errors to stop me getting frustrated. I need some trees clearing or cropping before I can say I'm truly happy though.

post-36524-0-44730600-1396935616_thumb.j

Archived