NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IPhone Moon shots

Stu

These were taken with the iPhone and a 3 to 6 Nagler zoomset to between 4 and 5mm so around x300 on the Vixen.

Unprocessed apart from conversion to 'tonal' on the iPhone, which I guess is pretty much mono, and a bit of cropping. I've also rotated some of them so my apologies if the orientation is wrong :-).

harutava.jpg

numa8usu.jpg

devuvuda.jpg

ynadu8e6.jpg

arasa3yz.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

Very nice. Imagine going back in time and telling your grandfather, his telephone would one day be able to take close up shots of the moon. Mine would have probably had me committed after a good whoopin. :)

I think I can safely say I am, and always will be a visual observer who occasionally gets tempted to try silly things with an iPhone camera!

Half tempted to stick the DSLR on the Vixen with a Powermate and see what happens though :-)

Stu

I'd like to get views like this through a scope. How did u connect phone to scope

For these I just held the phone up to the eyepiece. You can get holders I believe but I normally just do it for fun do don't bother.

Stu

Archived