Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The below image was taken with an ASI120MC on a 200P with a 4x televue powermate. Captured in sharpcap 2 version .832, pre processed in PIPP using the quality estimation option enabled and using the quality weighting option enabled and stacked with AS!2.

So the original avi was 6000 frames captured at 35fps. Once gone through PIPP it resulted in 7795 frames due to the quality weighting option.

The thing I was hoping somebody may be able to help with is the halo to the left side of the disc? I thought this may be an stacking alignment error so decided to run it through registax also to see if it was something AS!2 was doing but registax has resulted in more of the same. A fleeting though is that it is some type of natural shadow but I a not very convinced on that front as  have not seen this before in my other, albeit much smaller images through a 2x powermate. 

Has anyone had a similar problem? If not fixable in the stacking stage does anybody know how I ca remove the shadow/halo? I use Photoshop CS2 for post processing and tweaks. Any help would be much obliged

13146272804_2ac40a5dff_o.png
Jupiter 13_03_2014 21_13_48 PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

in PIPP I only use the quality option to remove bad frames
not sure adding in frames that didn't exist to start with will help and could be your problem
have you tried running it again with a more normal default settings

in PIPP I only use the quality option to remove bad frames

not sure adding in frames that didn't exist to start with will help and could be your problem

have you tried running it again with a more normal default settings

Thanks for input. PIPP only duplicates frames which it decides are the best quality, it does not duplicated bad frames as far as I understand-I could be wrong i guess??. I have used this setting on all previous images without this effect being observed. I have also re-processed without this option enabled and the result is the same unfortunately.

Have you tried stacking say 70% of the frames in registax 5 and see what it looks like ? ,I usually aim to,stack half the frames I capture as you get a better overall pic if I run at 95% and stack them all good and bad it looks crazy less is more

Pat

I have been trying out multiple combos all day pat and every time no matter how few or many I stak in both registax 5.1 or AS!2 and whether I pre process in PIPP or simply use the footage as captured the damn line is still there. I just need to find a way to hide it with Photoshop I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be time to move on Felix and went for the next run as hard as it may be ,I had one the other night full of rings what a pain times tried every thing in the end I deleted the vid and left it for another ,but hold back some one may come along with a solution

Pat

Hi Felix, I sometimes get this on my images. You could try what Darryl suggested in my post here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/198018-jupiter-24th-october/

CS2 doesn't have the quick selection tool, but you can do it by using the elliptical marquee tool. Hope this helps, I have varying results using this method.

Angie

Thanks Angie :) That's really helpful cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived