Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eta Carinae

Hytham

The winters here in the Northern US have been a nightmare leaving little room for any data capture and have me simply lurking the forums with envy.  Thankfully there are many of folks out there that make their data available for public use and this is one such image.  Thank you!

WIth that said, here is a data set provided by Roberto Colombari of Eta Carinae (an object that I love) in HaLRGB.

I orginally stated (in another forum) that the image was fully processed in PI, which is not entirely true, but a very small part was also done in PS CS6 CC.

Thank you for looking and as always I'm very open to brutally honest criticisms.

Eta Carinae (small):

get.jpg

Basic Workflow (for those interested and please ask questions if you want to, or care to, know specifics):
Dynamic Crop

DBE ( Ha L R G B )

Pixel Math (combine R and Ha)

Channel Combination ([HaR]GB)

Background Neut

Colour Calibration

RGB Working Space
Histogram Stretch

SCNR

ACDNR
Several masks (luminance with stretches, star masks [several and recombined for very specific stars])
Dark Structure Enhance
Local histogram equalization

HDRMT (with a dynamic mask applied to entire region except for Eta Car itself)

Colour Saturation (stars and foreground large scale structures)

Pixel math for final combination of rhagb and halrgb

Colour tweak

Moved into PS:

High Pass Filter set to 3 pixels

Back to PI:

Saved as JPG

Archived