Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

'Registax' or other stacking software process TIFF or JPEG image

RT65CB-SWL

Hi all,

I am at the presant time unable to afford a DSLR. I only use a compact digital camera (Olympus C2030 or C730).

Can 'Registax' or other stacking software process TIFF or JPEG images if I have a few or bracketed images of the same subject?

Thank you for reading.

Not sure about TIFF but most cannot process jpegs.

A jpeg is compressed and data has been removed.

In effect Registax is being asked to re-process data that has already been processed.

It (Registax), and others, may be able to handle a TIFF but not sure.

if not try Autostackert 2 (AS!2) 

olympus 2030 Zoom 

if i am right ( have a dead one here ) they give an 8 second exposure time, long enough to capture fireworks

and car light trails. should be ok'ish for shorter exposures, say Orion. just take lots of pictures and stack them all.

should get a half decent image from a old tech digital ( in its day was a top dollar camera )

• 3 weeks later...

There is a new version of DSS available now and it solves some of the issues with the previous version. With the previous version I got funny shaped stacked image (very narrow) but that has been resolved with the new version.

Peter

Archived