Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

last night in the forest with dan and friends

faulksy

had a great night last night with dan,baz,graham and mark, im sure you read dans great post, just wanted to add a little, i didnt see as many dso,s as dan due to looking at the more familiar objects in the sky, but when dan said have a look at ngc???? i turned my scope and had a look. but my add on bit is i cant believe the difference that some of theses objects looked, compared to either my sct or my 00 scope with the scratched secondary, now replaced with the new one.

m51 the dust lanes were incredibly clear with so much detail it blew you back

ring nebula the colours and clarity were image like dan even said what filter is in that and i said none

m13, m5 ,m3 all resolved to the core and you could see the different colours in the mass star field.

jupiter was like a post card, even the peeps that were having a tour of the skys from graham said wow and said you could see all the cloud bands and stars in the back ground, mars was still a bit pants, but saturn was super clear, quite yellow but you could see the ring system and the cassini very clear but no elke :sad:

im not knocking dans scope here because you could see the same in mine as his, just my observations thats all. if your reading this and thinking i need to get out and have a look, dont think about it, do it!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mike failed to say that at first he was disappointing with the ring neb till i told him he had it pointing through the trees :BangHead:  but it was a nice sight through the OO as was the 4 other objects you found :p  well programed to push to. i done all the hard work lol

had a great night last night with dan,baz,graham and mark, im sure you read dans great post, just wanted to add a little, i didnt see as many dso,s as dan due to looking at the more familiar objects in the sky, but when dan said have a look at ngc???? i turned my scope and had a look. but my add on bit is i cant believe the difference that some of theses objects looked, compared to either my sct or my 00 scope with the scratched secondary, now replaced with the new one.

m51 the dust lanes were incredibly clear with so much detail it blew you back

ring nebula the colours and clarity were image like dan even said what filter is in that and i said none

m13, m5 ,m3 all resolved to the core and you could see the different colours in the mass star field.

jupiter was like a post card, even the peeps that were having a tour of the skys from graham said wow and said you could see all the cloud bands and stars in the back ground, mars was still a bit pants, but saturn was super clear, quite yellow but you could see the ring system and the cassini very clear but no elke :sad:

im not knocking dans scope here because you could see the same in mine as his, just my observations thats all. if your reading this and thinking i need to get out and have a look, dont think about it, do it!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

6.5 hrs in the forest and this is all you write :icon_scratch:  what was you doing lol

No giant fireball then Mike??  :grin:

Lots to see up there but theres always the real show stoppers which never fail to impress, saying that I've still not seen M13 with my 16" yet!!

my first proper session with all the ones i mentioned, you will love m13 with some power mike

:angry7: tut tut

yea yea

Mike failed to say that at first he was disappointing with the ring neb till i told him he had it pointing through the trees :BangHead:  but it was a nice sight through the OO as was the 4 other objects you found :p  well programed to push to. i done all the hard work lol

there is no excuse for the ring well one small one, i could see the location throught the finder but the ota sits lower :embarrassed: yes ypo do the hard work and you are good at it to be fair, but then i have to id them for you :grin:

Archived