NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 22/12 - Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Somehow I managed to loose this amongst all the data, but one on my better ones from December last - can't recall the weather/seeing, but suffice it to say I only managed two LRGB runs.   Focal length was about F14, probably achieved with the Baader 2.25x zoom barlow before my filter wheel.

WJ RGB:

post-26731-0-24648400-1394467083_thumb.p

With the shorter focal length, the rotation is minimal and there is little difference between the WJ derotation and direct Gimp RGB combine:

post-26731-0-40565300-1394467068_thumb.p

Obviously it was a little easier close to opposition and at shorter focal length, but this is not a bad result compared to my more recent attempts!

The image has been upscaled by 1.5x Drizzle in AS!2.

Thanks Richard, Harvey and Darryl - Glad to find something from closer to opposition, as the December/January weather was dire in this part of the world.    Hopefully next year conditions will be a little easier and I'll have all the bugs ironed out of the current set up (ior even some more aperture to play with)!

Archived