Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Here we go again!

Yet another evening of frustration! I just can't get to grips with my newly acquired NEQ6 Pro - it's taking me everywhere but where I want.

Is there some kind soul in the Lichfield / Cannock area who has this mount who would be prepared to give me the benefit of their experience - I'm more than happy to travel a reasonable distance if it means an end to my torment? At this rate it's soon going to be a pickup for the local rag & bone man!

I'm in Leamington spa and have an NEQ6 also. I remember when I first got it I had frustrations too so can sympathise. If you are up this way I am happy to go through it with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Ram Dion from astronomy shed has a series of tutorial videos entitled "Complete Mount Setup" that I sat and watched when I first got my NEQ6 and that helped me immensely. You should definitely give them a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the comments and kind offers of assistance. I'm fairly sure that the data entered into Synscan is correct, having checked it a number of times after looking at advice given in previous posts. I have also watched Dions' videos (really excellent help particularly for beginners such as myself) and have come to the conclusion that I must be going wrong somewhere in the mount setup with regard to polar alignment.

I have looked through the polarscope and there's very little off-centre movement of the reticule when the mount is rotated in RA - certainly not enough at this stage to tempt me into fiddling with the 3 small screws to make it any more accurate. My thoughts are that the problem is what i'm doing (or more likely not doing) from this point forward. The forecast for the next 2 or 3 evenings is promising so any more advice would be most appreciated

Hi - me here again. I think there was some progress this evening in so far as the scope appeared to align itself close to one of the selected targets, though Sirius was a bit off. Should it be straightforward to see Polaris in the polarscope because although it appeared to be pointing in that direction, there was nothing to be seen through it. I understand Polaris isn't the brightest star in the sky and presumably because of the moon and some intermittent cloud would this have had an effect?

Archived