Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nirvana 28mm or ES 30mm 82°?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts yet Robin?

Hi Ben, I had chance to try it out last night, and it is a significant improvement on the 32mm PanaView, along with a wider view of the sky (2.733 degrees, compared to 2.5 degrees in the 32mm PanaView), exit pupil 3.33mm, mag at 30 times in my C100ED, yes dead impressed, pinpoint stars and very flat image right to the edges, great for panning starfields etc, it really brings them alive. I love the new ep, really immersive.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got first light with the ES 30mm last weekend (sadly havn't had time for astronomy for a while) and what an amazing eyepiece! Spent quite alot of time just randomly scanning the night sky. More than pleased with the purchase. I really do need to get some kind of counterweight for the dob though.

ES30mm is superb eye piece.Very well corrected and works on every scope.I use it in both my 14" dob and in my frac and this EP performs absolutely beautifully in both scopes.I do use coma corrector on my 14" due to coma but still i cant say anything bad about the quality of glass and quality of the EP itself.i use it more then my 2o mm ES 100 deg thats how much i like it lol.

Hi Ben, I had chance to try it out last night, and it is a significant improvement on the 32mm PanaView, along with a wider view of the sky (2.733 degrees, compared to 2.5 degrees in the 32mm PanaView), exit pupil 3.33mm, mag at 30 times in my C100ED, yes dead impressed, pinpoint stars and very flat image right to the edges, great for panning starfields etc, it really brings them alive. I love the new ep, really immersive.

Sorry Robin, I missed this when you first posted it. I'm glad you are enjoying it.  :smiley:

Archived