NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

3/3/14 White light.

JB80

Today here it's extremely windy, too windy to set the scope up outside but we have like a sun room with a door on the side of the house shielded mostly from the wind so I set up there which on the face of it seems like a good spot. Definitely easier not to have things bouncing around anyway and it showed me exactly how bad the seeing was as there was no other interference, some of the subs were terrible. I ended up using 7 of 61 subs and probably should of only used 3 of them.

Still waiting on my OIII filter to arrive too, I ordered it 8 days ago so I thought it might of got here by today at least. There is still time I guess.

Anyway here 'tis...

post-8383-0-93778200-1393851154_thumb.jp

post-8383-0-27809900-1393851161_thumb.jp

Looks good to me, Jarrod, nice one :smiley:

I think I nabbed some white light though it was one of those days when I just could not get a full run without those intermittent puffy white clouds that Mr Ward likes for the challenge :grin: I still can't believe Steve got a shot in yesterday!! :icon_salut: I think you are not far behind Steve, though? Have you got a running count for this year?

Looks good to me, Jarrod, nice one :smiley:

I think I nabbed some white light though it was one of those days when I just could not get a full run without those intermittent puffy white clouds that Mr Ward likes for the challenge :grin: I still can't believe Steve got a shot in yesterday!! :icon_salut: I think you are not far behind Steve, though? Have you got a running count for this year?

It's been like that here most of the morning too but it is a bright day at least. Mind you the national weather service is still trying to tell me it's a cloud free day. :rolleyes:

Today makes 36 for the year and according to his tally I'm 11 behind, including a holiday and the start of January when I really wasn't doing anything. I do wonder though if I can keep it up, I do have a habit of getting side tracked. :D 

Cheers, yeah the subs were terrible and yesterday was even worse. Either it was the seeing but likely could of been air currents as I was shooting through a doorway as the wind was that bad.

Archived