NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beating the mud!

After last year's 'Glastonburyesque' mud at SGL 8 star party and the recent flooding on the River Wye my guess is that we could be in for another squelchy star party. I've just bought two sturdy rubber mats to act as duck boards and hopefully reduce the amount of mud that get tracked into the tent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I use a large, shallow storage box as a boot tray.  Step into tray and leave boots there, so no mud makes it onto my nice tent carpet (yes, the luxury of a carpetted tent).  When I pack up, the boots and any other mucky stuff stay in the box, with a lid on, so everyting else stays clean on the journey home.

That's the theory anyway, it's a bit hard to keep anything clean once you have fallen over in the mud :)

i live just down the road from there. not been down to check it out, but as michael says, rivers in herefordshire have been flooded pretty much since before christmas :(

lucksall is a lovely site, but when the wye comes up over the bank, not so lovely…fingers crossed it'll dry up a bit over the next month.

i'd be thinking about bringing chest waders never mind wellies!

rich

Archived