Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hubble's Sharpest View of the Orion Nebula

FLO

This really is an incredibly detailed image!

[Hubbles new] dramatic image offers a peek inside a cavern of rolling dust and gas where thousands of stars are forming. The image, taken by the Advanced Camera for Surveys (ACS) aboard NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, represents the sharpest view ever taken of this region, called the Orion Nebula. More than 3,000 stars of various sizes appear in this image. Some of them have never been seen in visible light. These stars reside in a dramatic dust-and-gas landscape of plateaus, mountains, and valleys that are reminiscent of the Grand Canyon.

image.jpg

View a zoomable version or download the actual image (up to an amazing 18,000 x 18,000 / 385mb Tiff :shock:) from here:

http://tinyurl.com/d6njm

Steve printed one off for me A3 size and dropped it round last night, the wife saw it and wants a huge picture of it framed and put behind the bed!!

I kid you not... :shock:

I think she was just totally stunned at the image as I was.

Excellent find Steve :lol:

Greg

Archived