Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 25 Feb

simmo39

I had big plans last night trying out a few things but fate had other ideas. First the scopes goto played up and tracking was way off. Thought I would try using a barlow  with the camera, what a disaster. The scope would not track and I couldnt get a good image with it (always seemed very dark). Anyway to cut a long sad story short I just did a few takes and tried to improve my basic skils. Here is the results. sorry they are on the skew but when I rotate them they go out of shape. 

feb25_zps397f6fd8.png

25febc_zps5b090c9c.png

Witney look ok to me for a first go was the camera square in the focuser ?.did you balance the scope with the camera on first ? You need to balance the cam in the scope then stick a ep in to do you align ect

Be happy they great image s and you got some great detail and color who cares if they up side down left to right ect what camera ?

Pat

Witney look ok to me for a first go was the camera square in the focuser ?.did you balance the scope with the camera on first ? You need to balance the cam in the scope then stick a ep in to do you align ect

Be happy they great image s and you got some great detail and color who cares if they up side down left to right ect what camera ?

Pat

Hi, Not my first attempt, My second. I had not thought about the balance. Will do that next time. steep learning curve.

No probs it's takes a couple a pops to get going ,just write things down for next time ,if ya do any imaging always balance the scope with ya kit on ya going to use ,cam filter wheel ect get balance on both axis ,your on ya way

Pat

Archived