Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my 1st attempt at Jupiter

teleaddict

This was my 1st attempt at Jupiter with my 200p dob & my xbox cam. This image is how it came out of registax. I'm quite pleased with it seeing as the clouds came in and I never got any clear sections of sky in the end. Even the moon looked like a scene from Scooby Doo.

post-22974-0-90025100-1392674081_thumb.j

Very respectable first image, especially with the dob and xbox camera.    Some nice definition of the main bands and you've caught the GRS on the Eastern limb.    Might be worth a play with the RGB alignment in Registax 6 and a tweak of saturation and levels in post processing to draw the detail out. 

Now you've managed to keep it on the chip with manual tracking of the dob, see if you can do it with the x2 barlow and camera.   Much harder with a smaller fov and manual tracking, but the increased focal length should yield more detail and larger image scale.

Archived