NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with collimation 16"dob

Right am have in a few probs in astro baby's guide in the secondary I did the white and brown paper) i do not see a white circle the whole,of the secondary is white no matter what I do I do not see a circle just all white

Can any one come and help me soon as some one shows me I will be able to do it after I do not mind paying for the services and any fuel costs I am happy how to do the prime mirror just getting the secondary is blowing my brains at the minute I live 8 miles south of Chesterfield

Cheers pat

Going back to your original post. If you're following astrobaby's guide you wont see a white circle in the secondary, the whole secondary will be white. You're adjusting the secondary to appear as a circle and central to the focus tube (the same amount of coloured paper visible all around it)

What are you using to collimate? Cheshire? Laser?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Going back to your original post. If you're following astrobaby's guide you wont see a white circle in the secondary, the whole secondary will be white. You're adjusting the secondary to appear as a circle and central to the focus tube (the same amount of coloured paper visible all around it)

What are you using to collimate? Cheshire? Laser?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

As suggested a coli cap from flow and a Cheshire all done now (a think ) just need to Center spot the primary and it's done failing that will start again thanks

Pat

Archived