NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

24th Mars

daz

It is a bit dark but that's nothing that can't be fixed with a quick tweak of the levels and curves. Was that done with your 8" Daz? If so, that's not at all bad. Mars is not an easy target this time round, so well done!

Here's a brightened version...

Daz-Mars.jpg

No with a 16" LX200 Pete. It wasn't the best seeing, but I still have some way to go with LRGB processing - looking back at some of the other images, my colour is way off!!

Off to play again :D

Doh!

Seeing makes such a big difference Daz. Your image brightness is low which may account for the colour. Try aligning the RGB set and then running an auto colour routine over them. In Photoshop this normally creates an image which is way too bright and needs to be faded back (via the Edit menu).

Your a bit of a 'dark horse' Daz, have you been hiding a 16" SCT from us :?

You certainly captured a lot of surface detail, which stands out even more after Pete's 'tweak'.

Tell us more then, what camera, is it a 'stack', if so how many subs etc.? :D

Dave

Your a bit of a 'dark horse' Daz, have you been hiding a 16" SCT from us :?

I wish Dave!! Its Bedford School's - our society is based there.

There is link in the original post to the UKA page with all the details :D

Thanks everyone else for the kind comments. RGB is way more work than I expected it to be, but Pete et al shows us what can be achieved.

Hey, just realised - Pete Lawrence played with one of my images!! How cool is that!! :D :D

Archived