Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

45 minutes of madness with the Rosette under a full Moon

lensman57

Hi to all,

I did two captures the other night, very windy but clear , of M1 which is in the " Imaging Deep Sky Forum" and this crazy affair. Normally under a bright Moon I only use an Ha fiter with my Atik 314L+ but for these captures I used a Baader UHC-S LBooster to see what happenes. This one was shot using my modded Canon 1100d @iso 1600 , Baader MPCC III and my uncollimated SW150 PDS. As the Rossete was setting behind my back garden trees I only gave it 15 subs of 180s a total of 45 minutes, I know that this hardly enough data but that all the imaging time that I had.  The usual Clibration frames have been applied. HEQ5 Pro, guiding through my OpticStar 60mm guide scope and an ASI 120MM. I didn't dare post this in the serious guys forum as there are a couple of stunning captures of the Rosette at the moment so call me chicken if you wish. The processing was in PI but I am on a learning curve with this software at the moment. The funny thing is that as soon as the last sub was done the whole heaven opened up with rain again and has been till now.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-16060100-1392484914_thumb.p

Well the boredom took the better of me , still waiting for the clear sky at 12.00 am , I had some Ha data from last year that was part of my first Bicolour attempt at the  Rosette. It was  taken with an Atik 314L+ so the scale and size are considerably different, I threw the lot in PI and star aligned them and then imported them into PS and pasted the HA into the R channel of the DSLR capture, due to the different camera angles the framing is weired but I think that I drew a little more detail out, hell it just started hailing over here, all the window ledges are white now. No imaging tonight, that is it.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-65111200-1392507065_thumb.p

Archived