Have you heard of "National Geographic 525x Astrolon Telescope"?

Good day!

I am from Manila, Philippines.

I'm new here and a beginner in astronomy. 

Have you heard of "National Geographic 525x Astrolon Telescope".  

What does this telescope capable of giving/showing me? Is this telescope capable of showing me like jupiter w/ rings or even nebulas?

please give me some advice whether I should buy this or not.

Hello

Please avoid this scope. National Geographic have a terrible reputation for telescopes.

Note the claimed magnification of x525.  The maximum useful magnification of any scope is roughly twice its aperture in millimetres e.g. for a 60mm scope like this  it would be 120x.  You should avoid any scope making stupid claims about magnification.

Astronomy generally isn't about magnification anyway, it is more about aperture, but as beginners don't know this, manufacturers try to take advantage. I would advise any beginner to avoid scopes marketed on their magnification.

regards

Richard

Thank you guys for giving advice.

Anyways, can you suggest me of a good telescope that most beginners will surely love?  

What do I have to look at in buying a telescope? suggestions? brands?

What's your budget,how much do plan to spend ?

Pat

Not sure on the exchange rate a skywatcher dobsonian 150p is in that price range and it's a reflector telescope on a dobsonian. Base very easy to use and comes with a couple of eye pieces to get you going others might able to help with suggestions ect but that would be my choice for the given budget one

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-skyliner-150p-dobsonian.html.

Pat

Heheh two warning signs. advertising with magnification and brand name which is not a telescope maker. Just like buying a car which is named "national geographic" and is advertised by fast it can go. 

Archived