NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Decent shot of the moon from my phone

I didn't think it was possible because previously I would just get a big ball of light with no detail visible, but I figured out how to adjust the camera on my phone to get a picture of the moon through my 8" dob.  Here was one of the best I got tonight:

moon.png

I also got a decent one of Jupiter, but I think I could do better.  I'm going to try again when a moon is transiting to see if I can get that noticeably in the pic:

Jupiter_nofilter.png

Not bad for a smart phone.

These are really good, I've had some good ones of the moon but never Jupiter. What phone did you use and what settings?

This was with my Samsung Galaxy S4, and under the settings, usually ISO is on Auto, but it ranges from 100 to 800 and I set it to the 100 setting for less exposure.

I used a 6mm planetary lense from Orion and that put it at 200x.  It looks smaller through the lense than it does in that pic.  Whenever I copy the pics over from my phone to my laptop they look huge, so I usually resize them to 30 or 25%.

Well done! Yours looks good, ive had a go. I've been messing around tonight. Used my telescope for first time ever. I took my first photo of the moon tonight with an iPhone 5S hand held. Took a while to get focused. Will invest in a DSLR one day. So hooked on astro photography already.

eza7ugav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived