NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Motorised Focusers help

Can anyone advise, sad.png

I have a SW 200DPS Newt scope that has a Skywatcher DC focuser on and I’m happy with this, trouble is after a year of lugging the Newt about I and from what I can see image wise on the forum I’m thinking of selling this and moving into the APO refractor line. With my set up (mount, scope on the deck with me computer and heater in summerhouse everything remotely controlled) I’m not sure what my options are concerning motorised focusers

I’m originally looking at getting the SW Evostar 80ED Pro as a start see how I get on, now with this I am of the opinion that the Skywatcher HitecAstro DC focuser can fit on this.

If I get on with this set up I’m planning on selling the Newt with bits ( later in the year) and opting for the Skywatcher Esprit 80 ED Pro (any advice on this scope happily received) blush.png

I still wish to be able to focus these scopes from my summerhouse but have no idea which motorised focuser will fit the Esprit 2.7 Dual Speed Linear powered focuser or would an option be to buy a focuser for this scope i.e. MoonLite Crayford that seems to have a couple of powered motorised focusers on the market.

Any advice will be happily received and any options concerning an APO 3 Element refractor about £1000 budget (would also need to have a field flatterer and reducer option as I see the Altair Astro 80mm F6 Super ED Triplet APO (80/480) only has a field flattener

unsure.png

On the motorised focuser question you could look at Lakeside focusers.  The motor and controller is standard and they will supply a custom adapter to fit your scope.  They work very well and allow full focusmax automatic focussing (once you've done this you'll never go back to manual!!).  Additionally, if you change scope all you'll need is a new bracket (quite cheap).

Helen

On the motorised focuser question you could look at Lakeside focusers.  The motor and controller is standard and they will supply a custom adapter to fit your scope.  They work very well and allow full focusmax automatic focussing (once you've done this you'll never go back to manual!!).  Additionally, if you change scope all you'll need is a new bracket (quite cheap).

Helen

Thanks Helen just had Kheldar (Stephen on EMS) give me the same advise just been watching YouTube video about them too :laugh:

Thanks Helen just had Kheldar (Stephen on EMS) give me the same advise just been watching YouTube video about them too :laugh:

I love the Lakeside on my Tak - BUT the Tak focuser I have is very good which is why I did not contemplate changing it

Archived