NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

When is this weather going to clear up? Super Nova through the clouds.

lensman57

Hi to all,

A bit of a rant but my last clear imaging night was over 4 weeks ago so on Sunday evening once I got home from work it cleared for about an hour or so. I set up and did the obvious , M82, I just had to do some imaging,  so as soon as the first sub was in,  first the haze appeared  and soon after the clouds, I know it is not supposed to be done like this but I let the camera carry on till after 30 minutes it had all clouded over, so this is the result of 7X 300s subs mostly through the haze plus Bias and Flats, Ascension 80mm apo triplet native F6, Atik 428EXC and IDAS D1, I have cropped the M81 out as it was really noisy and nothing to write home about. The SN appears yellowish in this capture.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-05101800-1391513077_thumb.p

That's very good considering! I'm hoping to get out and image this one soon. As ever though since I took up this hobby, the really clear nights seem to be the ones when my wife and I go out for the evening.  :angry2:   It was really clear here on Sunday too, but the forecast was poor and I didn't bother checking until it was too late to set all the kit up! :BangHead:

I too am getting frustrated by the weather!

I built a new permanent scope pilar in the summer with the intention of spending hours on end capturing images. I seem to spend more time uncovering, inspecting, cleaning then covering again when the rain starts.

Damn this ridiculous hobby!

Nice image btw.

Clear skies

Bryan

That looks good and is at least something, a triumph at the moment! This weather is just such pants... I've had enough of it, but at least the house is dry and we have power... I hope I haven't spoken too soon! Can't wait for the clear nights, though it may be a while.

That looks good and is at least something, a triumph at the moment! This weather is just such pants... I've had enough of it, but at least the house is dry and we have power... I hope I haven't spoken too soon! Can't wait for the clear nights, though it may be a while.

You are correct, I should not complain too much. My heart goes out to all those people in the flood plains of Somerset.

Regards,

A.G

Archived