SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Some Dragon's play in last night's sky

Leveye

An unseasonally warm winter's night with dead calm air and excellent seeing here on the west coast gave me this..

post-28595-0-58840600-1390756550_thumb.j

10 400 second exposures @ ISO 800  10  Darks and 10 bias stacked in DSS and tweeked in Photoshop and Lightroom. My first real attempt using my newly aquired custom modified 6' f5.6 Newt i was given by a neighbor. Let me know what you think of the processing. Look up! -Lev-

Many thanks Gents! Living near the ocean one never knows from night to night.I am blessed with living in a moderate LP free zone with a park just across the street that is vacant as soon as the sun goes down.I have the place all to myself just me and the bears.  The evening before this the skies were about the same with zero wind and as soon as i had gotten all set up and the computer was doing it's first slew  the winds kicked up so back the telescope almost toppled Yikes! I'm making a framed print of this to my gracious neighbor who was so kind to let me have this amazing scope. He almost tossed it in the trash he told me. Double yikes!

Archived