Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Mark V eyepieces

cyborg421

The Baader Zooms work very well. By using them together with a couple of GPCs, one gets coverage over a wide range of focal lengths. Certainly sufficient for the typical seeing conditions in the UK. I also have a pair of EO 28mm RKEs.

Roberto

You cannot go wrong with a pair of 24mm Pans for a low power option.

These take full advantage of the large aperture MkV with no vignetting or loss of illumination.

Great ergonomics too,tapered top with lots of clearance and pin point to the edge.

I don't think it's worth going more than 68/70degrees, as with a bino, if you move your eyes around to find the FS of an 82/100 you'll just blackout.

It's different to mono in that regard.

In fact Plossls do well in a bino and feel like a larger FOV when viewed with two eyes.

Agreed on that. 68* is just right. I've recently acquired a pair of N13s for my Maxbright. I hadn't experienced this blackout effect till I first tried them. Took me back a bit. After a while though I adapted to them and had just the most wonderful views of Jupiter...(through my FLT132, using the 2.6GPC as well. 185x magnification ??)

With the Mk5 the 24Pans would be superb I reckon. They're Tele Vues best selling eyepiece which speaks volumes of their quality.

I use the 19Pans in my own (cheaper, but still excellent Maxbright). I love them !

Archived