NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter animation 19.01.2014

jambouk

The seeing here went to pieces just after the GRS made it around the limb.  I'm getting towards halfway through the processing on my captures from last night now and they're getting to the point where I don't want to bother doing the rest.  I know I must though, in case there's one where things come right...

James

I think the smoothness is because i set myself a ridiculous task of taking a one minute video every two minutes! Once i have focus sorted out, and tweaked my polar alignment, i think it would be relatively easy to effectively record video continuously; there may even be a setting in some capture software to do that, continuous 60 second videos, adjusting focus continually manually with an remote electric focuser even whilst it is recording. I'd need help though as there would be minimal times for toilet breaks or dinner!

That is a very nice animation Jd . Very smooth and showing a GRS transit.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived