NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

flip mirror

shirva

Hi guys been a while since ive been on..most know im working on another site more now..

I bought a cheap flip mirror from ebay at Christmas for £40..what a bargain comes with option of canon or nikon t adapter and a focal tube..set it up on the ed80 without focal tube,, , fantastic buy..fit a 6mm eyepiece on the 90 degree and video camera on the straight ..bingo focus a doddle now..highly recommend. ..davy

Nice work Davy... And nice to see you back around these parts, even if only briefly.

I've owned an Orion Flip Mirror for awhile now, but am yet to have used it. I went to fit it to my scope when I first got it, but think I needed an adaptor to get it on the LX90. To be honest, it was probably more a case of me not knowing what I was doing (even though they're a pretty simple contraption!). They're a brilliant idea, so I really must try it on the fracs I now own. The plan was to use it exactly how you are using yours, so thanks for reminding me that I have one!

P.s. That sounds like a pretty awesome deal you got there! From memory, mine cost me a couple of hundred bucks!!

Hi

Sounds like a bargain.

I have the BS Astro flip mirror - cost about £110 - useful when imaging planets at  longer focal lengths, however if you use it with a reducer on the nose of the camera, you will need to put an extension tube before the eyepiece to get them both focussed.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Davy

My flip mirror has T2 ports form an back - I have  T2-1.25" adapter on the front so it fits into the focuser and a low profile 1.25"-T2 on the back - this allows me ti use the standard 1.25" nose piece for the SDC435 with a reducer.

You might be able to do the same for yours?

Clear skies

Paul

Perhaps not QUITE video astronomy, but now they make "twin" versions

(colour and monochrome) of much-in-vogue planetary cameras:

http://www.zwoptical.com/Eng/Cameras/ASI035/index.asp

You could just FLIP between the two for rapid, two-step LRGB imaging...

http://www.zwoptical.com/Eng/Galleries/ASI035.asp

... OK, OK, I'll get m'coat! :p

Was thinking of revamping MAK150 "back" to Flip Mirror plus Filter Drawer though...  :)

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p2159_Filterschublade-inkl--1-Einschub-fuer-2--Filter---kurzbauend.html

(Latter seem more video-flexible than filter wheels etc. etc.)

Yeah got the gist of your posts. .once focused you could flip between a mono camera and a colour cam and stack the b/w images with colour..would also be good for camera comparison tests..davy

Archived