Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What shall I do?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to make my thought process clear, the barlow I have has a t thread on it. I was thinking you could attach the t ring directly to it?

Good point.  None of mine do, so I forget such things exist :)

James

Hmm. I was Hoping there was a thread at the end where the eyepiece fits. The lens would have moved the point of focus back to allow the prime focus. If not then I guess the options are either to move the primary mirror forward, or get hold of a barlow with a t thread. Maybe someone else here has had some success with the 130p and a barlow? Save you buying one if it doesn't work. Using the barlow though would increase the focal length of the telescope and have the effect of magnifying, decreasing the amount of sky you can photograph.

yeah..I can only try it with barlow..I don't need the barlow lens in do I?

Yeah, the barlow will cause the focus point to move away from the secondary (I think) so will need to be attached to the barlow at one end with the camera at the other.

yeah..I can only try it with barlow..I don't need the barlow lens in do I?

Yes you do, otherwise it effectively just makes the focus tube longer which is exactly what your problem appears to be already.  One of the optical effects of the barlow should be to move the focal plane further "out" of the focuser allowing your camera sensor to reach it, but to do that you need the optics :)

James

Yes, that's the one I have, and yes it would be the same as the celestron adapter, but would have the lens cell on the end which as mentioned before will (hopefully) push the focus point far enough back that it will hit the sensor of the camera...

This useful 2x Barlow Incorporates a camera-thread for photography and a removable barlow lens cell so can be used a number of ways:

1. With an eyepiece - the Barlow increases magnification by 2x.

2. With a camera attached for astrophotography - useful when you want to increase magnification or where lack of infocus is a problem.

3. With the Barlow lens cell removed - the remaining body and nosepiece can be used as a straightforward non-magnifying camera adapter or a 1.25" 34mm focus extension tube.

4. The removed Barlow lens cell can be screwed directly to any eyepiece, imaging camera or webcam fitted with a 1.25" nosepiece (via the filter thread). When used this way the gain in magnification varies according to spacing.

Yes, that's the one I have, and yes it would be the same as the celestron adapter, but would have the lens cell on the end which as mentioned before will (hopefully) push the focus point far enough back that it will hit the sensor of the camera...

I will try it with barlow first with lens cell in then if it doesn't work I will get the

Skywatcher 2x Deluxe Achromatic 1.25" Barlow

Well couldn't try last night because of cloud but tried to zoom on a house about 200 yards away but still couldn't focus..It was nearly there,maybe another turn or two on the focus wheel inwards..I know it could be a bit too close so maybe looking at the moon much further away will be ok but somehow I wouldn't put my money on it

Well couldn't try last night because of cloud but tried to zoom on a house about 200 yards away but still couldn't focus..It was nearly there,maybe another turn or two on the focus wheel inwards..I know it could be a bit too close so maybe looking at the moon much further away will be ok but somehow I wouldn't put my money on it

That sounds promising. It might be a close thing to focus on the moon, but at least it sounds like a different barlow (one with a t-thread) may work!

Archived