Eyepieces finally arrived..

emadmoussa

Very nice eyepieces Emad  :smiley:

I've yet to use a Delos but I did own an ES 100 / 20mm for a while and that was a very fine eyepiece indeed.

These eyepieces are large because they house large lens elements which are needed to allow a light path though them which delivers hyperwide and yet sharp and reasonably flat fields even with todays fast scopes. It's a tough trick to pull off and needs some very clever optical engineering and exotic glass types. My Nagler 31 has at least one lens in it nearly 80mm in diameter which it why that one is so fat !

Some "fat" eyepieces are mostly bodywork though and the actual optical elements could be fitted into a much slimmer casing. 

I note that your 14mm is Argon purged. Mine was Nitrogen purged. Does it make any difference ? - who knows !

Very nice EMad,

I know the box looks pretty but I know which one of those I want again. I hope this run of half decent weather continues for you, it looked as if a good deal of the UK got some judging by Stargazers Live the last few nights, prey may it continue for you to first light them. Report is required by International Law.

Alan.

Archived